7.08.2012

Why a blog??

Several years ago, I first shared my desire to write a blog with my husband. He innocently asked me, "What do you have to say that is worth reading?"  I was crushed.  If he didn't think what I had to say was worth reading then who would?  So I did nothing with the dream that had been building inside of me.  A few weeks ago, on a whim, I decided to set up this blog.  I was going to write, finally! I was not going to tell my husband!  In my excitement I told my husband!  I waited anxiously for him to finish reading.  I was sure he was going to tell me it was great.  He sat back in his chair and said, "So, explain to me why a blog."  I wasn't expecting that response but in the next second I could see the wisdom in the question.  I started talking while he sat patiently listening as I worked out an answer to his question.  I want to write because writing helps me solidify the thoughts, feelings, ideas that float through my mind and heart.  So why not a journal?  I want a public platform not for public recognition but for accountability.  I like accountability.  If I write about something  that God is teaching me and I share it publicly then I feel a greater responsibility.  So why not just tell someone?  I know my children will experience trials and victories throughout their lives that I may or may not be around for.  I want them to know that they are not alone.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I can relate so much. My reasons for starting was so that family could have a place to view fishing pictures & stories without burdening their hard-drives but then I found much joy in expressing myself through stories & photographs. I actually don't like that it is public but I found that when I went private, NOBODY viewed it. Too hard or something like that. But, I do think each of us has a story to tell. God has given you wisdom to share with other moms. Sometimes it is nice just to know somebody else shares in trials and can extend an encouraging word.
    It is good to ask yourself "Why blog?" but equally great to say, "Why not blog?" I love that my kids will have something to look back upon & read the funny stories. I know that Jack absolutely loves my stories and my pov on life. God bless.

    ReplyDelete