5.23.2013

No Cavities

Today I had a dentist appointment.  It's been a long time since I've seen the dentist...a very long time.  I woke up this morning feeling grouchy  I even commented to Matt that I didn't want to go to the dentist. I may have even stomped my foot a little.  I went to my appointment solely based on my strong, in-grained sense of responsibility.

When the hygienist called my name I recognized her as my hygienist from my previous dental office.  I felt immediately at ease.  I liked this lady.  This lady knew me, she knew my teeth! 

As I reclined in the dental chair and allowed this sweet lady to clean my neglected teeth, I had this thought:  All these years I have gone to the dentist scared and thinking this was something they did TO me but never thought this is something they do FOR me!  Cleaning someone's teeth is not something I would like to do under any circumstance.

Thank God for dentists and for hygienists that do most of the dirty work!

1 comment:

  1. That's so true. Never thought of it that way. Btw, I had my teeth cleaned last week. Today is my eldest's and next week is my youngest's. Tis the season.

    ReplyDelete